What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is the practice of treating points and areas in the feet that relate to corresponding parts of the body. By applying pressure to areas on the feet I help to alleviate pain and promote health & well-being. This encourages the person’s own healing systems to be activated so the body can operate in a natural and balanced manner. Many doctors, consultants and other healthcare professionals recognise reflexology as a well-established, respected and effective therapy. Amy has worked with many clients in her Limerick clinic with a range of symptoms & has done specialist training in fertility/maternity reflexology.
The benefits of a reflexology session are manifold – calmness and serenity, improved circulation, increased energy and balanced emotions among many other things. It is appropriate for all ages as well as for a variety of ailments. Not only soothing to sore feet, it can benefit most other body aches and pains. If you have discomfort in a part of your body because due to soreness or inflammation, there is a corresponding part in the foot that can bring relief. Reflexology helps to restore balance and promote natural health and vitality and is a superb treatment that helps improve all aspects of physical, mental and emotional health.
There are a huge number of benefits with reflexology, most common ones include:
- Induces a state of deep relaxation by opening neural pathways
- A full session stimulates more than 7,000 nerves, encouraging the opening and cleansing of neural pathways
- Increases circulation, improving blood flow throughout the body
- Stimulates the central nervous system
- Stimulates energy work throughout the body
- Balances the whole system thus revitalising the body’s natural energy flow
- Improves/balances the body to promote fertility & hormone balance
- Reduces discomforts during pregnancy & helps prepare the body and mind for birth
- Benefits mental health: research demonstrates that reflexology can reduce depression and anxiety
- Eases pregnancy, delivery and post natal effects: women who receive reflexology often experienced shorter labour times
- Complements cancer care: pain, nausea, vomiting, and/or anxiety eased for chemotherapy patients
If you would like to find out more / book a consultation, please feel free to contact me for further details.
Phone 086-4474555 or contact me via the contact Tab above,